Grogan Brothers Moving Storage Liars

Saturday June 21, 2014 I hired 3 movers from Grogan Brothers Moving Storage their website is groganbrothersmoving.com Grogan Brothers Moving Storage specializes in residential, commercial and office moving in the Pittsburgh, PA area. I was moving to another state and needed to hire 3 men to move my furniture into my POD container.

Three men from Grogan Brothers Moving Storage arrived at my home very early. They were scheduled to arrive at 8:30am and arrived around that time. They moved quick but talked a lot were loud and handled my things roughly. In my initial phone consultation with the boss I emphasized the fact that I had several large glass items that needed to be properly wrapped and insulated.

I was told this could be done for an extra charge and I agreed to pay the fee. However, the movers did not properly wrap my items and said they couldn't because I was moving out of state and he couldn't give me their company pads. I always thought the insulation pads were disposable but apparently the ones Grogan Brothers Moving Storage use are not. So instead he said he could put my glass bar top in between my mattress which I thought was totally unprofessional and dangerous and they wrapped the other pieces in Saran Wrap.

Once the movers were finished I gave my POD container lock and key to one of the movers and said "can you lock my POD container for me I don't know how" he took the lock and key and went downstairs to lock it, then came back upstairs and handed me back the keys. I said thank you and paid in cash then they left. It was Saturday and my POD container was scheduled to be picked up from my house Monday. Tuesday was the day my flight was scheduled to leave Pittsburgh Pa.

PODs had to reschedule my pickup for Tuesday but this was ok because you do not have to be home for them to come pick up your container as long as the container is locked. Tuesday around 5:30am I left for the airport. My POD was scheduled to be picked up later that day in the afternoon. I arrived to my hotel around 2pm.

About a half & hour after arriving I got a call from a 412 area code I answered and said hello. It was the guy from PODS letting me know he was on the way to pick up my container and I said great thank you. About 10 minutes later he called me back and said he could not touch my container because it wasn't locked. I said I gave the lock and keys to one of the guys who moved my furniture into my POD to lock it.

PODs people still couldn't touch it and I had the keys and was hundreds of miles away in another city and state. He called his manager and got permission to tie rope around the container to keep it shut. His concern was that the door could fly up and all my furniture could fly out while driving down the highway. He also mentioned that the door was not even pulled down all the way, there was about an inch of space still open which meant my stuff was exposed to rodents and all kinds of critters.

My POD was not locked or closed all the way. Anybody could have access to it. This put me under a lot of stress and anxiety. They said they needed a lock cutter to cut the lock and put a new one back on but they didn't.

So instead I express mailed them the key back so they could unlock it and properly lock it. I called Grogan Brothers Moving Storage and spoke with the receptionist. I told her what happened and she told me she would tell her boss to call me back. In my initial consultation I was told they loaded POD containers before.

I trusted these men knew what they were doing but apparently they did not. I called back several times and left several voicemail messages. I requested a refund. I finally got a call back June 30 from the boss and he left a voicemail message saying his movers said I didn't ask anyone to lock my container.

That is not true they are lying. I handed the lock and keys to one of the guys and asked him if he could go lock my container because I did not know how and I also knew I had no reason to go inside of it once it was locked. If you are familiar with pod containers then you know how hard it is to lower the door. I'm a 110 pound woman and 5'3".

I told the boss they were lying. That lock and key has his finger prints on them. The boss said he would talk to the guys again but never called me back it is now June 2. My POD is being transported to my new state now with my furniture.

I do not know the condition of the items inside. I hope there aren't any roaches or rodents in there or that anything is broken. All I wanted was a refund and an apology. If anything is missing, broken or tainted from being exposed Grogan Brothers Moving Storage is going to owe me more than a $367 refund.

Grogan Brothers Moving Storage states: "Planning to move can be a stressful time but let us take some of that stress out of your life. You can trust Grogan Brothers Moving Storage experienced movers to provide you with the best means for storage of even your most valued possessions without the risk of loss or theft! Our storage facilities are state of the art, ensuring that your items remain secure and well-guarded". "Our experienced company guarantees you rapid, efficient, yet careful moving & storage services".

TALK IS CHEAP! If you are looking for moving services in Pittsburgh I would not recommend this company. This company has done nothing but cause me stress and anxiety.

They are not professional at all don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 02, 2014.